September 18, 2010

BA Shared Topic Idea: What Was Your Favorite ___ in WotLK?

Relevart from Relevart's Druid Reliquary writes:

I noticed the backlog for shared topics was getting a little low. With talking about what is left to do in WotLK a few weeks ago, I figured we could take a look back and reflect upon what we liked most about WotLK. I left this wide open to interpretation. You can choose a quest, dungeon, raid, profession change, achievement, mount, PvP fight, arena, battleground, loot, particular boss, or anything else that I might have missed. Just choose one thing and really flesh it out and sell it to your readers. Explain why this was the best _____ for you and if you haven't done ______ well you're really missing out.


Well, there was no way I would could come up with just one thing so I decided to be like Jason at WoWPhiles and do my top 5 favorite items/memories of WotLK.  I did not quest as much as I wanted to this expansion, mainly because I ended up in a 25 man progression guild that focused heavily on getting to 80 as soon as possible. Not wanting to be left out, I booked my way to the cap and unfortunately missed out on a lot of quests. I may go quest on Nelena in the upcoming months.  In Cataclsym I am not going to do this strategy; instead, I am going to take it one quest at a time, group with friends, heal lots of dungeons, and have a great time at my own pace.

Candle staff!
5.  My number five spot is going to an item: the Charmed Cierge from Naxxramas 10.  I have this staff on my shaman and am desperate to get it on my priest. I may organize some Naxx runs in the future for perhaps an Undying or just Achievements.  It is a unique staff in that it has floating candles with little skulls on them (but I tend to ignore the skulls and just focus on the cute candles).  It was my favorite thing from the Naxxramas period of WotLK.

The drake team.
4.  Number four goes to a boss kill memory/achievement:  Mimiron/Firefighter.  I was soooo happy when we killed him because I knew he was going to be the hardest part of the fight for us. We did it in January of 2010, so while we were wearing mostly 245 gear (hehe, faceroll anyone?) we still found that fight a challenge due to the mechanics.  After we got it down though, I knew the rest of the instance would be smooth sailing. Yogg still took us about 5-6 tries but on our "last try of the night" we got it. We rode our Reins of the Rusted Proto Drake  around Northrend for an entire year.

3.  Number three goes to getting my Sea Turtle from fishing in a pool in Grizzly Hills for Glacial Salmon one afternoon. I clicked on my bobber and OMG! I has turtle!  I was so happy, I learned it, and no longer flew between pools.  I would ride it around instead. It's so much fun to use in AB and WG, and just generally riding around Dalaran in style. I loves it (it's on my priest)!

Yes. 3000 HP on Darnavan.  Scared the heck out of the 10 people in the raid, aka, our core raiding team.

2.  My number two ____ in WotLK was the introduction of 10 man and 25 man versions of raids.  My time as a 25 man raider is done.  I like the thrill of big raids but I dislike the separation people can have from each other. I would much rather be in my smaller guild and do 10 man heroics with 9 other people, (most of whom are in my phonebook) than be in a larger guild where there are cliques.  If I had never left the 25 man guild, I wouldn't know the fun, awesome people in my 10 man guild.  They're very fun and amazing people and have so many stories to tell. I have met friends of their friends whom I have seen the last two years on this server and never knew existed.  I hope to someday, maybe next year, when I'm graduated and no longer a college student on a budget, to be able to visit some of the ones who live only a state or two away from me. I also have some friends who are in Texas!  So many people to visit.  In the picture above, you can see our "OMFG don't let DARNAVAN DIE OMG OMG OMG". Apparently he got caught in the melee group and we almost killed him.  ALMOST.  We killed Lady D, completed the quest, and there ya go!  One of the most epic 10 man moments in <Vytis> all year long.

1.  And finally, my number one ____ in WotLK is my movie, WotLK: Memories.  You can view it below, or click the link to watch it big and in HD.  I had a lot of fun working on it from July to today, and didn't get a few of the bosses in ICC in there, but, I do have footage at the end from the frozen throne.  Getting there is good, but I still want to kill him next week!  We'll see how long it takes us to learn how to remove diseases properly and run to the edge when we're supposed to.  I'm looking forward to it!

This is my first frapsed WoW movie so don't tear it apart too badly :P I am not sure where the option for HD is because I worked on it in Windows Live Movie Maker (ugh, yes, I wanted an alternative but I'm too cheap) and I saved the movie as an HD movie. If you make the movie bigger to 1080px it gives the option for HD. I will have to play around with it some more but here it is, part 1! No guarantees when part 2 will be here.





3 comments:

  1. I just need to say two things:

    1) GRATS on the turtle mount. I have fished and fished for that thing and still no luck.

    2) Your video is very cool. Nice job.

    -Jason from Wowphiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I envy you for getting that turtle! I spend countless hours on my Druid trying to fish that bad boy up, but he always managed to elude me.

    ReplyDelete