October 16, 2010

BA Shared Topic Idea: Secrets

First, I forgot to make good on my word to Beth @ Sorority Girl Plays WoW in which I would post the Razorback logo at the beginning of all my blog posts either last week or this week.  /embarassed. I am doing this because her University of Arkansas most definitely whooped my Aggies' butts a few weeks ago. (Texas A&M) But, for now, here is a ferocious little Razorback  (UoA), and if you click the link below it, you will go to her WoW blog where she talks about her experience as a fresh WoW player starting out at level 1. She recently dinged 70 Friday night. (Congrats Beth!)  Her stories are fresh and interesting, amusing, hilarious, sweet, and nostalgic depending on which post you read!  My suggestion is to start from the beginning and follow her playing experience as she leveled up to where she is now.  At one point we were all level 1 and didn't have a single clue what to expect outside of our starting zone.  If you ever wish you could go back to those days, then read through her blog.  You'll enjoy every post!  Her sweetie Nick occasionally writes a few posts, but for the most part he acts as her guide and advisor throughout Azeroth.  And since I need a non-Texas college team to root for...aside from my Tigers down in the bayou (Geaux Tigers!), I think I will add the butt-kickin' hogs to my collection of teams!
Isn't he adorable?  Visit Beth @ Sorority Girl Plays WoW!  

On to the Shared Topic for this week!  Let's just say I've had a really tough time trying to think of something to write about that most people have never seen!

Syl @ Raging Monkeys aks: "What wow secrets have you discovered on your long journey through the World of Warcraft? What unexpected, surprising or delightfully 'pointless' things have you chanced upon that add something special to the game for you?"

Since this post got pretty long, I made it into two parts. LOTS of pictures after the break.




For my "secrets" in World of Warcraft, I went with a few vendor items from  NPCs that most people might not ever think twice about visiting.  These fruit vendors, wine connoisseurs, and pastry chefs all have delicious items to purchase that you can share with your friends at any level, or just keep to yourself.  First up, my friends, is the lovely tree in Dalaran named Applebough.

What a very handsome tree!
Applebough sells this item called "Fresh Apple Juice."  Yeah.  From an apple tree.
Yummy!
And a bowl to share.
Second, we have the lovely wine connoisseur  Christi Stockton who resides in the "One More Glass" wine and cheese shop near the northern part of Dalaran.  She sells wine bottles and barrels that you can set out for your friends to partake in.

A fellow wine-o.
Bring this to your next raid and be the life of the party!

Bottle in the foreground, cask in the background.
Good looks AND sells cheese? Sign me up.
Also in the "One More Glass" shop is a member of the Trias family, Lucian, who specializes in my favorite food of all time.  CHEESE!  He sells two different cheesewheels and a loaf of baked bread. 

Om nom nom nom.  Regular cheese wheel is on the left, bread in the middle, Aged cheese wheel on the right.
Finally, we have the lovely Amiee who sells my second favorite foods of all time: cakes, brownies, cupcakes, and pies.  There need not be a pie vs. cake debate, when you can buy and eat BOTH!  Mmm!


Oh yes. All of them please. 2 or 3 of each.  Mmm cupcakes...milk....pie....doughnuts...

Celebration cake on the left, pie in the middle, lovely cake on the right.

Yes please.
YES please. CUPCAKES! Notice the face on the gingerbread man with BOTH his arms is a SMILE...and the face on the man on the floor....is an unhappy face.  He is also missing an arm, so that may have something to do with it...
Alright my friends. I am now hungry and it's 6 PM -- time for some dinner, butternut squash with brown sugar and butter, and some more Kushaw pumpkin soup.  I might finish off my bacon wrapped stuffed Cubanelle peppers from earlier today too.  'Till next weeks topic!

2 comments:

  1. Indeed, the food and drink vendors in wow do not nearly get the attention some of them deserve. Thanks for reminding me of this! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're Welcome! A lot of people think they are simple food vendors...but wait! They sell sharable treats, hehe!

    ReplyDelete